The devel/avr/gcc port
avr-gcc-5.4.0p3 – Atmel AVR 8-bit RISC microcontrollers' XGCC
This port is an almost carbon-copy of the compiler in-tree, with a few
- it's taken off a more recent snapshot from gcc 3.3 branch.
- it's not the system compiler, and so it looks for includes in
/usr/local, and for libraries in /usr/local/lib.
- it can bootstrap itself fully, including ada on i386, and java (though
java does not yet work. There's an issue with boehm-gc).
- it may build on platforms for which system gcc is still 2.95.3.
- it's a cross-compiler, targetting avr machines
- Only for arches