The devel/meson port
meson-0.57.1v0 – next-generation build system
Meson is an open source build system meant to be both extremely fast, and, even
more importantly, as user friendly as possible.
The main design point of Meson is that every moment a developer spends writing
or debugging build definitions is a second wasted. So is every second spent
waiting for the build system to actually start compiling code.
- multiplatform support for Linux, OSX, Windows, Gcc, Clang, Visual Studio...
- supported languages include C, C++, Fortran, Java, Rust
- build definitions in a very readable and user friendly non-turing complete DSL
- cross compilation for many operating systems as well as bare metal
- optimized for extremely fast full and incremental builds
- built-in multiplatform dependency provider