The databases/pg-toolbox port
pg-toolbox-3p0 – programs to aid the PostgreSQL administrator
The PostgreSQL Toolbox is a collection of small programs to aid the
PostgreSQL administrator and developer.
* pgcomment parses SQL files which should contain DDL and
(javadoc) comments and can generate the appropriate COMMENT ON
statements or HTML and LaTeX fragments.
* pgstat shows the queries the PostgreSQL server is currently
executing and optionally idle connections.
* listdb lists all databases like the \l+ command in psql.
* dbsize tells the overall size of a single database.
* dbrelationsize tells the size of tables, view, indices,
sequences of a specific database.
* dbstat prints the collected statistics about a database.
* listlock prints locks held by a database.
* xloginfo shows the current write and insert location in the xlogs.
* pg_file2str reads a file from STDIN or the filename given as its first
command line argument and prints the file properly escaped as a
PostgreSQL string literal to STDOUT.