The multimedia/handbrake port
handbrake-1.3.3 – open source video transcoder
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded
video transcoder with rich selection of features. Both GUI and
command-line only versions are available.
* Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support
* Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected (removal
of copy protection is not supported)
* File (container) format: MP4 (M4V) and MKV
* Video: H.264 (x264), H.265 (x265), MPEG-2/MPEG-4 (ffmpeg), or
* Audio: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X only), MP3, FLAC, AC3, or
Vorbis; AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC, and MP3 pass-through
HandBrake also includes support for chapters, subtitles, advanced video
filters, and more. It is also useful for making videos compatible with
portable video devices such as the Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Only for arches